Thinking back, I can tell you that Emma's birth was different than the others in a few ways, but much the same in others. My best summarizing statement was: my body forgot how to do childbirth. Sure, some people claim that your body "remembers". HA!
I did feel a sense of relief, knowing that it all went smoothly, no complications, no drugs, and our little girl was healthy and sleeping, well, ...... like a baby. But when the labor nurse commented to me, "That was fun!", I just couldn't quite manage to think of it in those terms!!
She did follow suit with the others, making her appearance in the morning hours, and we had a very pretty sunrise just after she arrived.
I can't express the joy we feel
with Emma joining our ranks. While we've been getting jaded and cynical, she just has to toddle over and hug us, and we smile again -- in situations that otherwise would never have brought a smile. Don't you just love the long eyelashes???
So these photos are from tonight's birthday party for her. Sorry for the bizarre reflections off the glass tabletop. I was impressed how well she figured out how to unwrap gifts. (And in 2 months, we'll have to KEEP her from unwrapping those gifts she finds laying around under pine trees!)
We missed having Brandon there for her party, and I'm ready to pull out the videos we made of Brandon reading books to her. I don't want him to be a stranger to her.
Heading into our next year with her, we can see that she will bring all sorts of adventures (and reminders) to the Haven!!
Heading into our next year with her, we can see that she will bring all sorts of adventures (and reminders) to the Haven!!
Looks like she had a fun day....wish we could have been there. She is just so cute. What size is she wearing now days? Tell her we love her and give her hugs and kisses.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cutie-pa-tootie for sure!
ReplyDeleteI hope that my next labor is "fun".... but I'm drugging up.....:)
Happy Birthday little Emma!
Happy birthday, Emma! Our Christmas tree has been a table top thing for years with presents tucked under the table. That saved a lot of grief of having little fingers getting into things. ;)
ReplyDelete