Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Falling for it...

Ok, I know I promised video of Emma walking...... but it's not in THIS post.

Cameron did an awesome job editing the video, and we've got a great clip all ready to go. However, I had problems trying to upload it (on either Blogger or YouTube), and I'm thinking maybe we need to change the file format to get it to go, so we're STILL working on it.

So, in the "spirit" of the season, I grabbed some shots of things around the Haven that are looking rather autumnal, and decided to share just a little. Maybe I can justify getting some new fall decor. See if you don't agree that our decorations are starting to get a tad bit dated? I can use all the votes possible in my favor. Coincidently, Real Deals is having a fall open house this afternoon, hmmmm........ [snickering]

So without actually changing our dining room fixture, I have updated it by putting on the little lampshades. From below it looks like a wagon wheel, and then I try to weave holiday stuff in when I can. So right now it's got the fall leaves garland and some red berry vines.

The mantel over the dining room fireplace houses several of my antiques and antique wannabes. This is just one side of the fireplace. Can you tell which are the real antiques and which are not? Take a minute to look it over before I spill.

Ok, Ready?
From left to right -- the dark suitcase thing - NOT. The copper sifter - old, but probably not considered an antique yet! The sunflower garland -- NEWly up for fall, and falling off in the photo! The canning jar -- ANTIQUE; the rubber gasket is even in it. The silver candlestick -- NOT (it's about 20 years old). The Pies sign -- ANTIQUE WANNABE, courtesy of Michaels crafts. Ha! The iron in front of it -- ANTIQUE. The glass jar on the far right -- do you know what it is??
When I first saw it, it was covered in dust and sawdust, found in our old shed at the last Haven location. Me, being raised as the City Kid, I didn't know what it was. Todd did, though, and was ready to throw it away, because, "it's just an old butter churn." Are you KIDDING ME??? I was quick to rescue it from him and wouldn't let him touch it!! So, yes -- ANTIQUE.

This wall lantern hangs just inside our front door -- with another leaf garland on it for the season.


The living room built-in shelves.... they're a little crowded right now. One-Eyed Sam, the scarecrow, did once have 2 eyes. I kept meaning to glue the other one back on. Now I look at it, and I think I rather like him one-eyed!


And finally, outside the front door, you're greeted by "Tut Khan Scare 'Em" (yes, that's officially his name). I'm not sure if you can see all the details... the ghost, the snake, the owl, the bats, and the banner reads, "ENTER at your own risk". He's one of my old tole projects that I taught in a class once upon a time. A reminder that I should really get back into painting again.

However, not this week. For now, we'll be gearing up for the very first birthday party for one tiny adorable controlling little toddler, which is Sunday. Can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...