Monday, October 19, 2009

Colonel Mustard did it, with the Lead Pipe, In the Hall

Well, Haven Improvement is an ongoing thing, it's just that usually it progresses in spurts.

Right now, the current [indoor] project is the boys' downstairs bathroom remodel. I cannot express how desperately needed this project has been. The room was seriously a health hazard down there. With Brandon in Jamaica, this puts Cameron as Todd's right-hand man and official (only) construction go-fer.

(This latest photo shows the new framing for the walk-in shower-to-be, including the shampoo nook. After putting in the walk-in shower in the mud room remodel, we are sold on the thought of no doors & no shower curtain. Note the angled wall and the tankless water heater already installed. The shower entrance is on the left, by the ladder.)

Cameron is a big fan of finishing off this room, because it's directly across the hall from his bedroom. While it's out of service, he has to go down the hall & upstairs for showers & etc, so he has a direct stake in getting this bathroom done. As go-fer, he's running back and forth from the garage to the bathroom with tools, cut boards, and anything else Todd asks for. So, while he's not complaining exactly, he does have one wish, which he expressed to me numerous times the other day. He said,

"We need a secret underground passage from the bathroom to the garage."

The image that came to my mind was my old "Clue" game board that had secret passages to other rooms! I told Cam,

"Ok, but you'll lose a turn if you use it."

C: "It would be worth it!"

Later, our conversation went like this:

C: "We need a secret underground passage from the bathroom to the garage." (I did say he was repeating himself)

M: "You realize, of course, that if there WERE a secret passage to the garage, that it would have to go right through YOUR bedroom."

C: "All the better!"

I'm hoping this remodel can continue without any "got-too-busy-for-it" delays. Todd and I are in discussions for colors and styles for this room. Our challenge is to make it look masculine without being overly dark, since it has no window. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...