Monday, August 3, 2009

Random Softballs

So as I was picking up the house last night, it occurred to me that we sure seem to have a lot of softballs around the house. It seems like everytime I turn around, I find one somewhere. Don't believe me? Let me prove it:

This is out on "our" deck. The master bedroom deck, as opposed to the kitchen deck. The one place the softballs are SUPPOSED to be. The metal frame in the background goes to the pitching screen (target). And if you look close, you can see our gorgeous garden in the background!

This doesn't count because it's not a real softball. It's Alyssa's Tightspin trainer, which is mounted on the wall in her bedroom.


But THIS..... ok, well this is Alyssa's home run ball from the tournament in Missoula. They were nice enough to let her keep the ball. We want to make a nice home for it one of these days.


It's not a new softball, but it's in a sack. I think this one got brought in from the Suburban one day, and never got any further. It's on the floor in my room.



These three stooges (are actually around the corner from the previous one).... these are the weighted training balls. They still don't belong in my room, but, well, it's just inside the deck door. Reference back to first photo.


Outside the front door. No one throws softballs in the front yard, so I don't know how this one made it here.


Kitchen floor, by the west door. Please ignore the fact that the wall is missing base trim. The Dutch Oven hasn't been put away either, but the point is that there's still a ball here.



By the PRINTER? Who tucked this one here? Someone hoping they wouldn't have to put it away obviously!

Disclaimer: All softballs shown were REALLY in all locations shown. No "staging" was done to fake you out. No softballs were harmed in the photography session.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I love it!

    I often find things that get moved to strange and different new homes. I wonder what my children were actually thinking while moving the objects!
    "Humm.... I think that this camera needs to be moved to the linen closet... yes.. that's a wonderful idea! Mom will never find it there.. tee hee hee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty funny! We don't have softballs yet, but we've got a lot of other interesting items that find random places to be.
    I'm curious about what that tightspin trainer thing does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually found one more softball tonight that didn't get included. It was on the deck rail on the kitchen deck, snuggling with some garden gloves. Who knew?

    The Tightspin trainer is a real softball that is mounted, and it has a brake inside it. You can tighten the brake, and there are drills you do with it to work on strengthening your forearm, wrist and fingers to put a spin on the ball. Spinning the ball when you pitch causes it to "break" and move, hopefully so the batter can't hit it. Alyssa has the wall-mounted one, and also a hand-held one as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...