Friday, August 28, 2009

Starting School..... Again

Wow, this summer was entirely too short! For the last couple of years, I've been thinking it would have been nice if I could have had another 2 weeks of summer before school started. Now I'm thinking another month would have been heaven!

This year marks a milestone, because for the first time in 15 years, we don't have a child in elementary school! Darcie started 7th grade at the Junior High, Alyssa is a Freshman, and Cameron is the big Senior, with maybe just a touch of senioritis already.

So we're back the the grindstone, and next week we'll be into our real schedule, with early morning Seminary, Jazz Band, Volleyball games, A & B-day schedules, and real homework, every day. These pics are from Day 1 (for the girls) and Day 2 for Cameron, because with the high school's welcome-sophomores program, the Band had to wear their "Jungle" shirts on Day 1, which meant it wasn't really what he wanted to wear for Day 1.

So here are our students, with big smiles on:
Alyssa -- she's taller than me with those flat shoes on, and the flats were horridly uncomfortable and left her with blisters. Ouch!
Darcie -- she discovered that her hair is 2 colors -- blonde on top where the sun bleached it during the summer, and red underneath. I promised it would even out as soon as the bleaching faded.

Cameron -- who actually went along with some of my clothing suggestions while school shopping, and now is looking REALLY sharp. I take full credit. Ok, only partial credit, because he did retain veto power.
Onward!

1 comment:

  1. Cute kids! Can you say that about teenagers? I can't believe how much they are grwoing up! I guess that happens. Sometimes I don't see my kids growing up until I am scrapbooking old photos or watching old home movies.
    And Alyssa is looking a lot like you these days!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...