Thursday, February 28, 2013

Can you feel the Heat?


I'm addicted. And I freely admit it, too.

I love heat. LOVE it.  Love, love, Love, LOVE HEAT. I know, you're thinking, "That's it???"

Well, yes. What were you expecting?

A couple of years ago, over a series of particularly chilly winter nights, Todd and I came to the realization that..... our bed was COLD!! Butt-chilling, teeth-rattling, gasping... Cold! Not through lack of blankets... because we had that. But just to crawl between those sheets, in our slightly-cooler-than-the-rest-of-the-house bedroom -- was a true act of bravery. Who knew that combed cotton could feel like a cloth refrigerator?

So we would slip into bed from our respective sides, and I would travel across the king-size expanse to Todd's side, and Velcro myself to him for at least 15 minutes, until I got warm again. Sleeping with Todd is like going to bed with a furnace. He is almost always warm!!

And, yes..... that can lead to other things, --duh!!-- but this is a family blog. Hanky-panky happens. But I make it a policy not to blog about it!

Anyway. So our king-sized sleeping territory was not divided 50-50 anymore. It became more of a 60-40 split. Or maybe 70-30. I was missing the days of our heated waterbed!! And if we went to bed at separate times? It was awful -- because then I didn't even have a furnace to cuddle with!

And then, we made a purchase that changed things forever. It was ... a heated mattress pad. With dual controls, no less, so we wouldn't be at odds over the setting. Don't ask me the brand, I just know it was whatever Costco carried at the time. And I know it has a Preheat setting. Which is my absolute FAVE.

So now.... I slip into our bedroom about a half hour or so before I'll actually be retiring, and I turn on my side of the bed to the Preheat setting. And then I walk away. Just like that.

Except, for some reason, I usually have an old episode of, "Bewitched" running through my head.

It's the one where there is an enchanted antique bedwarmer. I'm sure this really dates me!!

And the bedwarmer actually reminds me of a product we carry at Welenco that has a totally different purpose:

Yep, it's a campfire popcorn popper! (I have one that hangs alongside our dining room fireplace)

But, I digress.

So..... did you know, that if you preheat your bed with your fancy-schmancy heated mattress pad, and then crawl into those covers when it's good and toasty..... and your head sinks down into the pillow, and you pull the heavy comforter (which is also warm, by now) up to your chin, ... well ...

It's a little slice of heaven.

Which is WHY, when I sink into the oh-so-warmmmmm covers, I always let out a sigh and a prayer of thanks for HEAT.

Because I love it!!

Of course, at that point, I also turn off the heated mattress pad. It would be a little too much of a good thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...