Saturday, February 9, 2013

Who's reading this schtuff, anyway?


Don't you just hate it when you're typing along, getting a good flow of words going, and suddenly your computer highlights the whole would-be post and deletes the entire page? Yeahhhh, me too.

Soo..... where was I? Oh, yeah. Starting over.



Sometimes I get the feeling my Facebook posts exist purely for others' entertainment. I admit, I do try to make them interesting. otherwise, what's the point? Nobody wants to read boring stuff. And it's all true, so I only post something on Facebook when I actually have something at least marginally interesting going on. I've had a few people tell me they enjoy reading my posts, which always makes me feel good.

I'm far from The Winner at interesting Facebook Posts. And cough*Breezi*cough --  surely knows that no one could trump her Trials with Twins Saga. (Love you, Breezi!!)

On the flip side, I have a Facebook Friend who was going through a rough patch of life (and kind of still is), and their posts were one long parade of Depressing Stuff. I got to the point that I would almost dread reading their post when I saw their name come up on my feed. It was a lot of, "woe is me" in varying incarnations, and it just went on and on. I'm not unfeeling, but this person could make some changes that would turn their life around-- if they just would.

So yeah --- I do try to make my Facebook posts positive and interesting.

And then there's this blog.

Sometimes, I wonder -------- who's reading this schtuff, anyway??    :-)

Well, I happen to know that a number of family members/friends don't come read this blog until I send them an email--with links--that tells them I've updated the blog again. And there's a certain number that actually publicly "follow" this blog. (Most of my friends and family do not have a blog of their own.) A long time ago, I actually took down the "followers" widget off the blog, because the number there was not very inspiring.

Then, I seem to have some mystery readers who, for some reason, follow along without declaring themselves. Ok. I can deal with that.

But when I see a sudden spike in the stats, I start to wonder about this variety of readers. It's not often that I have a post that elicits a sharp jump in blog visitors. It makes me wonder what I possibly had to say that people are suddenly way interested in. At least on Facebook, I know that since I've limited visibility to those that are my friends -- there's a limited pool of people who might read what I say.

Are you one of those mystery readers of my blog? I'd sure like to know about you... if you don't mind. You can come out of hiding and follow publicly .... it's ok, really. Because I wonder..... what did I *say*?? And just who exactly is reading this schtuff???



4 comments:

  1. I am! I'm reading it! :)

    For the past month I've gotten like 200 hits from Russia and I don't know how I got so lucky. I think Mother Russia is onto me.

    Thanks for the nod. I try and entertain the masses with my life. :) And I love your posts too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked back over what I'd written, and realized that I didn't give Maggie credit where credit is due for interesting fodder for your blog. My apologies to Miss Mags!

      Russia, huh? Wonder what you said to elicit their attention?

      (And I *knew* you're among my readers out there.... and I thank you!)

      Delete
  2. Hi Marilyn :) Whenever you see "a visitor from Rexburg" it just might be me. Dick and Lynnette Youngs DIL, Heather. I thought you were awesome when I knew you 20 years ago in Lewiston and still think you are amazing! I love coming and checking up on you every once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Heather! Thanks for the headsup.... because here I thought that all the "Rexburg" hits were only from Brandon! I'm glad to know you're out there!!
      :-)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...