Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's School Again....

Somewhere in the mad dash of trying to get everything done, I missed getting those super-critical First-Day-Of-School photos posted. But since the world didn't come crashing down around my ears as a result, I think we're all ok, and everyone survived. Are we good? Yep, we're good.
 
It's interesting to compare the changes the kids go through as they get older and more mature. Well, you can judge the maturity factor for yourself, after viewing the pictures. I'm too lazy not posting any of the really old pictures, just the links to school pictures since I started blogging.
 
You can see older shots of the kids here:
 In 2011   In 2010    In 2009
 
 And in the meantime.... here's 2012!
 

My gorgeous Alyssa is (gasp) a senior this year! I can hardly believe she's this grown-up! Our high school has a "Connections" day on the first day of school, where the seniors welcome the incoming sophomores, give them tours, and have a variety of activities in different locations. The seniors often go all-out to wear wild outfits in school colors.

So I hope that explains why she's looking a bit wildly-casual on the first day of school, instead of dressed-up-chic. She tells me that her look was not wild, but MILD, compared to some of the others. She put some slash marks through the back of her t-shirt, too:


Rawwwrr!!

As a sophomore, Darcie could go with any look she wanted, as long as she was in comfortable shoes. She was pretty excited that she got her braces off right before registration. We're talking RIGHT before registration. As in, we went directly from the orthodontist to the high school. So her student ID card shows her with this beautiful white smile!!


It kinda made up for the fact that we had to do Late Registration because we were gone for the regular registration day.

 
Yeah, that's excitement!!
 
Four kids in and out of braces. We've got a break before Emma will need them -- and I'm sure she WILL need them: she's got very little hope of escaping. In the mean time, I'm thinking it might be time for me to go visit the orthodontist again myself. My teeth have moved and are starting to rub in the wrong places. ANYWAY.....


My apologies for posting these photos straight from the camera.... no editing to spiff them up at all. I hope you don't mind us au natural.

The girls started goofing off for the camera....


... and showing off for the camera.....


And then they were done with photos. Like done NOW. They announced that they were leaving, and promptly walked out on the photo session!

I think they were excited to be getting off to school......


But what do I know??

Onward through a new school year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...