I will be the first to admit, I am not a photographer. I should have taken the class at Ricks with Todd. I know enough to know I'm not getting the results I'm really going for.
I also LOVE digital photography. The best part is being able to click as many photos as I want without feeling like I'm wasting film, and then I can delete the "bad" ones. It fools me and others into thinking I'm a better photographer than I really am, because by the time I'm done cropping, editing, and deleting, it looks fairly decent.
Since it's been a while for pictures of Em, --- real pictures, not the ones that are snapped in a hurry with cluttered backgrounds and Mom in bedhead and a ratty t-shirt --- and since I hadn't yet put away the Valentine's decor, I wanted to get some nicer shots taken.
Emma cooperated. Eventually.
I knew I wanted natural light and a "fresh" baby, so we got going first thing after Daddy left for work. She didn't start out so hot.......
I also LOVE digital photography. The best part is being able to click as many photos as I want without feeling like I'm wasting film, and then I can delete the "bad" ones. It fools me and others into thinking I'm a better photographer than I really am, because by the time I'm done cropping, editing, and deleting, it looks fairly decent.
Since it's been a while for pictures of Em, --- real pictures, not the ones that are snapped in a hurry with cluttered backgrounds and Mom in bedhead and a ratty t-shirt --- and since I hadn't yet put away the Valentine's decor, I wanted to get some nicer shots taken.
Emma cooperated. Eventually.
I knew I wanted natural light and a "fresh" baby, so we got going first thing after Daddy left for work. She didn't start out so hot.......
Emma had her own ideas. She got one of her fleece blankets. This one happens to be pink, so since it meets with the Valentine theme, I didn't remove it. After letting her lay down with it (oh no -- maybe she's done for sure and only wants to sleep!) I managed to sit her with the blanket, then started adding props and the dog.... and snapped several shots, including this very last shot:
So, of course, this is the one we'll give to the Grandmas, send to Brandon in Jamaica, and put on the wall at Welenco for the loyal customers who have watched her grow and keep asking, "How's that baby doing?"
And everyone will end up thinking all these positive thoughts about it, without ever knowing the lengths we went through to get this one photo out of her!
So, of course, this is the one we'll give to the Grandmas, send to Brandon in Jamaica, and put on the wall at Welenco for the loyal customers who have watched her grow and keep asking, "How's that baby doing?"
And everyone will end up thinking all these positive thoughts about it, without ever knowing the lengths we went through to get this one photo out of her!
cute!
ReplyDeleteI go thought the same feelings... Digital cameras totally make me think I can be a pro..... which yeah... I am not one.
I love that last picture of Em. way cute.
It's very cute! I think the other pictures were pretty cute, too. I haven't been able to get a good posed picture of Jayden since he was first mobile.
ReplyDelete