Friday, February 5, 2010

Random Acts

I'm sure Emma's just trying to throw me off. But it's starting to remind me of the scene in, "Sleeping with the Enemy" where Julia Roberts' character opens the cupboard door and is startled by what she sees, only in her case, it was structured neatness.

This is what I found when I went for a cookie sheet the other day:
What is it? That little curved piece on the bottom that looks like a hanger is a piece that goes to the Bowflex (which is downstairs, so this required some effort).... lurking in the cookie sheet cupboard. I certainly didn't put it there. Nor would any of the teenagers have bothered. Hmmmmm......

Then, I caught her redhanded in the act:

That's the warming drawer to the oven, and those are MY slippers in there! I suspect she's retaliating for the improvised childproofing which is also in the photo. Note the green yardstick that's threaded down the drawer handles. I had to do something, because two of those drawers are the Flour Drawer and the Sugar Drawer.

(Bless Todd's mom for designing my kitchen! I never have to go far for either of those staples because the drawers have a stainless steel liner in them, and I just have to open and scoop! Works great for levelling cups of flour, too. But it makes it all too accessible for little hands.)

The yardstick works wonders, so I think Em just concentrated her efforts on what was available. As long as I don't turn on the warming drawer, I should be fine.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...