Here, I thought I'd caught up on September.... but maybe not, huh?
Ok, here's a bunch of stuff that I missed:
Emma started a new Preschool -- she was SO thrilled. (No, really! We're trying to talk her out of showing the fakey smile whenever the camera is out.)
September is a hug birthday month for us. We start with Brandon, Me, and Darcie all having birthdays, one day after the next. It's wild. Happy Birthday to Brandon in Rexburg -- we had to celebrate without him.
Todd was (again) wonderful about getting us some flowers:
Darcie didn't quite share all of my enthusiasm:
And then we went out to dinner that evening. Emma loves this place because of the model train that runs along near the ceiling, because she can get her favorite food there (fries and chicken), and because of the free ice cream at the end.
Sorry -- no photo of the wonderful birthday sundaes we also had. Ate them before they melted? Ha!
And then we had a "real" party for Darcie:
Can you believe she's SEVENTEEN now?? Where did the time go?? I close my eyes and it slipped away.....
(Sorry,..... just a little Boston moment, there.)So, I'm still trying to practice my photography skills now and again. Sometimes, I'd love to grab Alyssa or Darcie and say, "Hey -- come outside for a minute and let's take some quick photos while the light is so gorgeous right now...". But, being teenage girls, they have a few criteria that must be met in order to allow a photo session. Things like: hair, makeup, and clothing. (Go figure!) If any one of those are not good, then the photo session is OFF.
Emma, however, has no such compunctions.
I had wanted to experiment with the parking lot at work. I know that sounds weird. But there is a low place out there that I lovingly refer to as "Lake Welenco" whenever it rains. Because the whole area fills up with water. I know there are some higher spots that can be stood on, and I guessed a photo would look like a person was standing on water, and I wanted to try it.
So, out I dragged Emma -- hair not done, no super-cute outfit, (and makeup isn't even a consideration) .... and started snapping photos. Some of the best are the ones I put on Facebook. Here are a few others:
With just Darcie in high school now, when the formal dances come up, I only have to worry about one dress! Which is just fine with me, because one dress was more than enough this time around. We hadn't intended on a pink dress, but it was a "warm" watermelon pink, so it worked for Darcie's coloring. But it was strapless. So we ended up taking some of the length off, and using that fabric to make shoulders & sleeves. It wasn't quite what I had in mind, but it did ok for her. She can make it look good!
I love when I already know the kids that she's going with, too. Sets my heart and mind at ease when she leave. Her date is a great kid, who was in my Seminary class last year. Darcie really had to concentrate to get the boutonniere pinned on:
They were a fun group:
And, finally (for now), Todd and I celebrated our birthdays together again.
Sure love this wonderful man!

No comments:
Post a Comment