Entertainment comes in many forms.
A few days ago, I was walking by the laundry room, and I saw this:
The washer was in the middle of a wash cycle, and there was Em, mesmerized. I guess when the washer has a viewing window, it is interesting enough that you bring a stool in to get a really GOOD look, huh?
As soon as she heard the shutter click, she turned and looked at me (I love the one leg crossed over the other leg!).
.jpg)
And this is SOME hairstyle. Talk about untamed tresses!
So I got busy the other day, and got some fall decor going on the outside of the Haven.... it felt good to decorate something. The cornstalks and pumpkins all came right out of the garden this year. (Read: great fall decor, 0$ cost -- does that make me cheap?) If you click on the picture for a good look, you can even see the stepladder in the front stairway window.... from Todd's front stairway re-do project. More photos on that to come later.
And then came Miss Emma's birthday. I can hardly believe this little sweetheart is four years old already! Where has the time gone? I have this song running through my head, as I've "turned around and she's four" now.
I am reminded of the huge blessing she is to us, when I see Todd or myself at work, frustrated at some work-related issue, and she will climb up on our laps, divert our attention, and make us smile with her...... something that would never have happened if we didn't have her here.
LOVE this little girl!!
She was counting the days down to her birthday, aided by Daddy putting a pretty birthday sticker on the family calendar. So when THE DAY arrived, she was so thrilled she could hardly contain her excitement. She thought it was great that she could bring cupcakes to her Preschool friends that morning:
Yep, I'm that mom that had no spare time, so we purchased the cupcakes, instead of making them at home. But I'm not exactly equipped to airbrush rainbow colors on, so it's better this way. Trust me.
Instead, we spent our home time on creating a fantastic birthday hairstyle:
That evening, we did the family birthday party for her. As big as our family is, I tend to not do "friends" parties until they're a bit older. It would have been nice if the vice presidential debate hadn't been the same evening, but there was no way I could have changed the party on her..... that would have been open rebellion. The debate can wait.
Her favorite new gift: a pirate ship/battle boat that shoots cannons. Who would have thought that our glitzy little princess --- she dressed herself for the party that evening, in full Rapunzel regalia --- would want a pirate ship for her birthday? Well, ok. It's based on her favorite TV program, so maybe now you can see the draw.
She was so sweet during opening of her presents. Each one had to have *all* the wrapping paper removed before she would look at it. And she would say an unprompted, "thank you" before she'd even finished looking at it. Sure love her little personality!
I love this picture I caught of Emma and Grandpa at the end of the party. She loves her grandparents, and I'm so glad that we have Todd's parents close to us so that she can have that grandparent experience. With both of my parents gone, it's up to Todd's parents to fulfill that role.
Life is super-busy right now, and we are thankful for the work we have. We feel the blessings of having Cameron serving a mission right now, and are just trying to keep up with everything that's going on. I remind myself that I have the same 24 hours in a day as everyone else does... and I try to make the most of it!
.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment