Thursday, October 25, 2012

Band on the Move

 
Some days, I use this blog to tell you about all the wonderful stuff in our lives. It can be a bit misleading, since our lives are far from perfect. If you're one of my Facebook friends, I recently posted a status that kind of reflected my feelings on this point: blog or Facebook posts that always sound like life is amazing, with nothing negative ever occurring. Who has a life like that??? It's certainly not us!
 
That was not the case at this year's Senior Night at the football game. That was one of those far-from-perfect moments. In fact, I'm still feeling the mom-guilt, because that was the night that I wasn't there for my senior. It was the highlight-each-graduating-senior moments, and they did all the football players, cheerleaders, and the band members -- which is where we come in. The details of it are not important.... it was just that I wasn't there for that part, and I feel awful about it.
 
Fortunately, Darcie was there to stand with her sister, so Alys wasn't totally alone. I'm so sorry, Alyssa! If there were any way to re-do that evening, I would! I LOVE YOU!!!
 
I tried to --somewhat-- make up for it by taking a lot of pictures of the band playing at halftime that evening. I'm also grateful to a friend for posting this YouTube video of our band kids playing that evening:
 
 
At the 7:06 mark, the band member standing in the middle between the lines is our Alyssa (she is the drum major).
 
Here are some of the still shots that I grabbed....
 
 
 

It was a lot easier to find Alyssa amongst the band players than it was to find Darcie. And I'm not sure why. I just know that once you get those uniforms and hats on them, they all seem to look the same. (HA!!)


 
Darcie was easier for me to find in the stands. Love these two wonderful girls!!


Ok, so Darcie was A LOT easier for me to find...


These kids have no shyness at all about posing for pictures! It was a bit rainy that evening, so some of them look a bit damp around the edges.

 
It's hard to believe our Alyssa is already a senior. A SENIOR.
 
When did that happen???
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...