So, I'm still trying to get caught up -- and I'm a month behind. I may have to condense things.... in the next post. In the meantime, here's what our Fourth of July celebration looked like!
Emma wore her "Little Sparkler" outfit -- which we'd bought for the Denver tournament (Sparkler is the name of one of the tournaments there, so it was extra-cute for that!)
Darcie couldn't convince me that she needed a haircut... or at least a bangs trim. Then I saw these pictures, and I realized she was right! Why is it that I can see things in photos that I overlook in real life? (But she's sure cute, too!) And the bangs got trimmed a few weeks later. I'm SO late with stuff!
Alyssa also dressed in honor of the day.... and if you're wondering about these gorgeous eyes....
... then you must know that even the eye shadow was sparkly and glitzed up for the holiday:
We played a few rounds of ladder golf at Grandpa and Grandma's house.
(Personally, I think underhanded softball pitchers have a distinct advantage at this game. I'm just sayin'.)
And I have to confess, that I have unmercifully teased my kids, especially Cameron, and more recently, Darcie, about having her tongue sticking out when she's trying to concentrate on something. I'm forever asking her, "Does sticking out your tongue HELP?" when she's focused on something.
So, I think she was getting me back for all that grief when she snapped this picture of me during ladder golf:
Oh, for heaven's sake! The poor kid has no chance -- apparently, sticking your tongue out when you're concentrating is a hereditary trait! (Well, I can't leave you with *that* image in your brain, so how about a smile instead:)
Grandpa and Grandma are always the most gracious hosts...
... and we had a lot of fun that evening...
Emma especially loves having a tea party with Grandma, whenever she goes over for a visit, and Grandma always obliges. But check out the next picture, (and you may have to click on it to see it closer) because little Miss Em is also in the stick-your-tongue-out mode!! AAAAUGH!!!
Dusk settled in, and Emma and Darcie sat out on Grandpa's mini deck to await the fireworks show:
And when it was really dark, we broke out the sparklers -- our one splurge for this year's Fourth of July. Emma loved it, and was not as afraid as I thought she would be:
Darcie had more intricate patterns...
And I caught one final sparkler shot, and then......
... the camera died.
::sighs::
No comments:
Post a Comment