So, we saw all the usual sights at Yellowstone. Wildlife....
(Emma was pretty impressed!)
And waterfalls... (I love this picture of the girls!)
And the grandaddy of all geysers -- Old Faithful.
(Considering that Darcie was so small, she slept through Old Faithful on our last visit, this was a great improvement.)
We stopped in at Old Faithful Inn and grabbed some ice cream. It feels like you're just a part of American History when you're in there. Sometime, I'd like to go back and stay at Old Faithful Inn. I'm so glad it was saved from the 1988 wildfires.
At any rate, all our travel results in a lot of sleepytime for the girls. It's pretty easy for them to snooze in the Suburban at any time. Emma can drop like a rock:
Darcie can snooze, even if Emma is climbing on her:
And Alyssa finds her sister to be a great pillow:
I just have to comment too, on the background. With all of us.... we had 8 suitcases, two bat bags, three lawn chairs, two coolers, a food box, three pillows, 4 blankets, a camera bag, two sets of hang-up clothes, a shoebox full of DVD's, a toddler-entertainment-bag, shopping purchases, and assorted small stuff all over the vehicle. I really have to hand it to Todd. Because he packed and re-packed that Suburban, and had it almost down to a science, but it was definitely like a puzzle. And somehow, he got it all to fit. (And that's why it looks packed to the gills -- because it was!!)
Done with Yellowstone, we were on our way home... but we had one last stop .....
No comments:
Post a Comment