Saturday, January 21, 2012

Marshmallow World

Do you spell it, "marshmallow" or marshmellow"?

I confess -- I looked at the bag in the pantry. I double-confess, that after I did that, then I changed the spelling for this blog title.

So after no snow ..... we got a sprinkling. And THEN a few days later, we got dumped on! Hurray!!

I confess I do like snow. I don't like to drive in it, but I love how it coats everything, makes it all look pretty, and quiets the whole world. This was our back yard, hot tub, table, and trampoline, while it was still snowing:

And the dogwood and bench in the front yard:


How much snow, do you ask? Well, I sent Darcie out to measure for me:


At least this meant we would get our money's worth out of Emma's new Christmas snowsuit. She was SO excited to go out and play:

I only have a limited number of gloves in her size. Ok, so I only have one pair for her. After the lone pair got soaked, we put socks on her hands. Yes. I am THAT mom.

Darcie usually went glove-less and came in freezing. Of course, eating snow with your bare hands also contributes to that cold feeling......


These photos are in such a random order. Here's Emma rolling up a snowball to make a snowman:


Same rolling process.... different ball?


Darcie gave me a cute picture, too. I can tell which day it is, because the newspapers for Alyssa's route have been delivered and are on the front porch.


When you're too lazy to roll the snowman by hand, you simply kick it along the ground. There are no actual snowman pictures, because they didn't ACTUALLY complete this snowman.


But Emma Jo was pretty busy. Too busy to stand and wave to me, so I got this.... in passing:


Warming temps and rain have taken their toll on our snow. Freezing rain may have taken its toll on some of our shrubs and trees. That remains to be seen. I still love the snow.

(Of course, it helps to have snow when your source of income is a hearth products store. Products that people purchase when they're COLD!! We have a deep appreciation for snow. Just wish it had come earlier in the winter season.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...