Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful for our Veterans

Our town managed to have a full-blown Veteran's Day parade. The reason this impresses me, is because they've never had a Veteran's Day parade before. So it has sprung from nothing. And I'm so glad they did it.

Days like Veteran's Day, Fourth of July, and Memorial Day get me feeling all patriotic inside. It's good to remember. So here's just a few shots from the parade last Friday morning.

First.... the opening of the parade with the weekend warriors bringing the flags. They were nice enough to stop in front of us for long enough for me to snap the photo.
Then, I loved this old guy. I don't know him, but he was riding a power scooter with a flag on the back, and wearing his Navy uniform. (I have a soft spot for old Navy vets, since my dad served in the Navy) I love how he's folded down the sides of his sailor hat!
Love the fall colors showing behind our high school band.
They had some dance moves that they incorporated in to their march. So this is Alys doing the dance move..... not randomly waving at someone.
And the band marches on......
I hope they keep this parade and make it into a new tradition. It's good to remember. I hope more little American flags get handed out to people. And I hope they start making those little American flags in the USA. Instead of China. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...