Sometimes I feel like we travel so much for softball, that all our time is spent at the fields -- and we don't always get to see "the sights". So, for Labor Day weekend, when we went to Seattle (yes, for a softball tournament!), we decided not to let the opportunity pass us by. And I'm so glad we did it!
Our day's adventure took us to the Space Needle! It had been years since Todd had been there, and the rest of us had never gone. I'm so glad it was beautiful weather and we could see for miles.
The kids posed by one of the spyglasses for me:
We walked around the open-air deck:
Brandon (in his Bob Marley cap from Jamaica), looking cooler than cool:
Alyssa (who thought she hadn't dressed up enough for pictures!):
Darcie borrowed Brandon's hat. We think it looks pretty good on her:
Yes, it's really us, and we really were there:
Emma thought she was pretty big to climb up on one of the balls there at the base of the Needle:
Then we took the monorail down into the city. It took us within a few blocks of our destination: the Pike Place Market.
It kind of feels like an amusement park, right in the middle of the city:
When were got down by the market, there was a lot to see -- and I still feel like we really didn't get into the heart of where I'd wanted to go. And one letterpress shop wasn't even open that day. :-( I guess it will have to wait for another time. There were street performers everywhere. Emma wasn't sure what to think of the mime she saw:
Here's the kids at the waterfront. We stopped for some fresh sourdough bread -- mmmmmmm!
This is proof for my kids in later years, that really ------- we did TOO take you places!! Love you guys!!
Our day's adventure took us to the Space Needle! It had been years since Todd had been there, and the rest of us had never gone. I'm so glad it was beautiful weather and we could see for miles.
P.S. The day would have been complete if we had only had our Cameron with us. Please check out his mission blog for his latest adventures: www.huffakermission.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment