Friday, June 3, 2011

One Returned, Another Departing

I wasn't kidding when I said life has been super-busy lately. Really.

And even though we've had some great days amongst all the busy-ness, I have to say that yesterday topped all the recent great days, going back to Brandon's homecoming. Because in the mail yesterday, was Cameron's mission call!! One returns, another departs.

Cameron's been working ever since high school, and through the winter he was holding down two jobs plus the paper route. I have to hand it to Cameron -- he does know how to work hard. As a result, he's earned almost all of his mission money. So kudos to him!

Anyway -- the girls and I had a two-hour drive to softball practice last night, so it was 10:30 when we finally made it home, and gathered everyone together for the "opening of the call". We did the same thing with Brandon's call when it came. It's kind of fun to let everyone take a guess on where they think he will end up going. (I was way off: Virginia? NOT!)

Cameron was pretty excited to open it:

Slicing open the envelope:
And then the big smile as he reads out loud to us:
He is going to the California San Fernando Mission, English-speaking!! He reports to the Missionary Training Center in Provo on August 3rd. Two months from today -- after all the waiting, he'll be TOTALLY official!! We are soooo excited for him!
It's interesting that his packet sounds similar to Brandon's for clothing needs. Only one suit, and mostly short-sleeved shirts. Southern California and Jamaica are not that different in temperatures! He was also kind of stoked to discover his mission is not that far from where his best friend is now serving. Perhaps if they have another combined mission conference, he may get to see his friend again -- on their missions.
Now we have the remaining preparations to do...... on MY list is another family portrait. My last one with all 7 of us is, coincidentally, two years old....

1 comment:

  1. That's super duper exciting!!


    Can't wait to see your updated family photo :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...