Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sweet Sixteen

I have nicknames for my girls. It's nothing weird or baby-ish or even embarrassing (I hope!). But I don't use them in public anyway. Just here around the Haven, when it's just us.

Last Friday, Alys & I went outdoors for a little photo shoot. I'm still working on improving my photography skills, and the girls are always willing candidates for my subject matter. There was a reason behind this particular session (which I'll get to in an upcoming post), but it was fun to take pictures of Alyssa, especially since she is really photogenic.

AND, because this is one of the BIG birthdays this year. Yeppers, she's turning sweet sixteen tomorrow! So in a way, this is a family history moment -- what she looked like when she was young, innocent, and just 16 years old.

Of course, I'm the mom, so I'm extremely biased. See what you think: I tell her she is unique, in part because of the mass of curly hair she has. With uber-straight hair being the be-all, end-all in adolescent fashion, I think her curls make her stand out.
(So, being six feet tall, barefooted -- also makes her really stand out!)

She's always up for some fun....

But still super intelligent, way talented, very confident, and definitely mature beyond her years.

So what's my nickname for her???

Gorgeous.

(Don't worry, Darcie & Em also have some superlative nicknames as well!)

I just want my girls to know that I'm behind them 100%, always cheering for them, and forever wanting the best for them. So, yeah. Is she gorgeous? You bet she is! And I tell her so, every time I call her by that nickname.

Happy Sweet Sixteen, Alyssa!!! Dad & I love you TONS!!

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! Of course I have a little sweet spot for 6' tall girls with naturally curly hair :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...