Monday, November 15, 2010

Locks of Love

It is in the nature of youthful people to embrace change. I must be getting old, because I did not want change. At least, I didn't want THIS change........

Alyssa has been after me for a while because she wanted to cut her hair. I was such a fan of those long curly locks, that I didn't really want her to chop them off. So I was dragging my heels. But the Voice of Reason entered my head, and told me that if she were to cut it NOW, then it will have time to grow back before those major life events like senior prom, graduation, senior PICTURES, etc.

So, for her birthday, and -- I might add.... just after those photos in the last post were taken, we went and Did the Deed!!

It must be impossible for Alys to look anything but Gorgeous, because the cut turned out fantastic! See for yourself! Here's the Curly Look:

And another shot. Light was falling fast on me for these. I'll get more pictures later, I'm sure.


And she wanted to try the straight look. What would this world have done before hair straighteners??? Obviously, when you pull it straight, it looks a little longer.


She also wanted to donate her tresses, so she looked into "Locks of Love" which makes wigs and hairpieces for kids who have lost their hair to cancer treatments. Her package of locks went out in the mail yesterday. You can look up Locks of Love on the internet. I'm too lazy to post it as a link.

Alyssa shocked her friends last Monday morning, when she came to school with her new look. One friend might have taken it a little personally: she nearly cried. Of course, Alys also brought a mountain of treats to share that day, which is one way to divert excessive attention on the hair.

It will be interesting to see how she works this new style in the next few months.

1 comment:

  1. I think she looks like you in the straight hair picture!! I like the hair. Like you said she looks good with any style!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...