It was sitting in some other team's supply wagon with their other coolers and gear. There's a few reasons why I love this. It's that green color (I call it Martha Stewart Green) that I like, although I'm not sure why. I love the old logo on the front. I love that it shows its wear with the big dent on the front and the scratches all over it. But the best part is that this old picnic cooler (I think they date from the '50's) is still being used. It's not sitting on some shelf somewhere, collecting dust. They sure don't build things like they used to! (However, if you do a search online, there's a company that makes replicas of these things. How cool is that? A wannabe for me!!)
Monday, July 19, 2010
The Snackmaster
Ages ago, I wrote in an old post about some of my antiques and antique wannabes. Although I have wannabes, the real thing beats them, hands down, every time. Since I'm pretty stingy on my antiques budget, I tend to adopt, rather than purchase. Sometimes you see stuff in unusual locations. Like this last weekend, when I was snapping photos at the 16U Regional Softball Championships, I turned around and saw this:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment