I've really been trying to be good about exercising. My efforts have started with the treadmill. Again. I have a record of doing it faithfully for a while, and then missing it for months. Not the greatest of records, I know. But I recognize that I need to do it. And besides, *something* has to help combat all that baking, right??
This morning, instead of hitting the treadmill first thing, like I usually have been, I went out and did what I could to help Todd with the pile of firewood. We've had some delivered every day for the last three days, and since it's in rounds, it needs to be split and stacked.
Cameron's been working on it in the afternoons after work:
(I love his facial expressions -- heh, heh!)
Todd also had to use the chainsaw on the big knotty chunks from last year, that still wouldn't split.
So as I was walking the wheelbarrow back and forth, the peacefulness of this morning kind of struck me, and I had a fleeting thought that in 20 years, I would be right by his side, and probably even doing the same task. (Of course, we'd probably be doing it because the kids would be all moved-out, and all the tasks we have them do for us now, will be up to us on our own!)
Hm. When we get to be old, we'd better be done with big projects. It will be all we can do to keep up with the maintenance!!
Here's to many more years of working and playing alongside each other! Sure love him!

No comments:
Post a Comment