Some projects are just more impressive than others. Dramatic "before" and "after" photos.
I can't say that this one is all that exciting. After all, the only thing you can really see in the photos is a blank wall. How dull is that?
But for us, it's been nice to move this project along, and it helps lift the Haven out of the 1970's Lockdown that it can sometimes feel like it's in. So, it's not done.... but it's getting there. And yes. It has taken a while. I bet you forgot we were even doing it.
We started with this:
The old mural had to go. I won't tell you how many months ago it was that I snapped these photos.
Ok so it was last August.
That's only 8 months, right?
That was when I returned home from Girl's Camp to find the stairway wall looked like this:
And the ceiling looked like this:
I first told you about this project way back here.
The scaffolding over the stairs might be a problem.... but we're lucky to have two sets of stairs that go down into the basement. Otherwise, Darcie would have had to move out of her peaceful downstairs bedroom.
Todd actually took down the scaffolding before we headed into the holidays. The project wasn't done, but we didn't want to do Christmas with the whole ladders and plastic decor happening.
And after the holidays.... well, it was easier to still leave it down until he knew he was going to have the time needed to commit to completing the project.
So it stayed down.
For a while.
And then when our last preschool teaching turn was done, Todd decided to get back and get the job completed. This can mean some pretty late nights, since he mostly works on his home projects after regular working hours.
That explains the odd lighting....
This was finishing the edges up by the newly textured and painted ceiling.
We need to give the edges a second coat before we call it, "done".
And there's just a glimpse of the new accent wall color for you. Still debating on what I want to put on that wall. Maybe a big painting. Maybe some 3-D metal art thingy. Maybe a collage of family photos. Still tossing that around.
Still haven't picked out a new chandelier for over the stairs, either. Maybe we'll end up with the old one back there again until I can choose something.
Indecision is for the birds!! Any ideas??
No comments:
Post a Comment