One of the best things for our Emma is going to preschool. Because one of the down sides to being a caboose baby is that she doesn't have any siblings her age. So getting to go to preschool with kids her age gives her a great opportunity to learn how to interact with others.
Shocking. She is NOT the only child in the world!
And the world does NOT revolve around her!
So at the end of the school year, there was a little graduation program. We did a small home-based preschool, with each of the mothers taking turns teaching. One family purchased the curriculum materials, but did not join in the day-to-day preschool; so their two girls "graduated" with the rest, too.
The kids practiced singing and doing the motions to their songs. (I think this one was, "She'll be Comin' Round the Mountain" -- Toot-Toot!)
I can't remember which one that was. I forgot the real camera, so I only have the pictures from my phone. :-(
(The cutie-pie little boy on the left was the only boy in an all-girl preschool, but he was a real trooper. But when it came time to sing songs, he wouldn't stand or sing anything, he just sat there and smiled his biggest smile!)
Then came the Chicken Dance....
Each child was asked some questions individually, and during the program, their answers were read out loud. According to Miss Em, she thinks her mom does dishes all day, her favorite thing to do with her family is to watch her sisters play softball, and her favorite song is, "How Does She Know" -- which no else was quite sure what she meant, but as her family, WE knew!
Then she was given her mortarboard and "diploma", which she had to check out while she sat on her carpet square:
There was a family picnic afterwards, which gave me an excuse to bake (Yum!), and since it's summer and it had been a long time since I'd done it -- I baked a couple lemon meringue pies. (Double-Yum!!) I have decided it's better to bake things when they're meant to be shared. That way, I still get my baking fix in, we get to eat a little, and the rest is eaten by other people, so we don't have an entire pie (or cake, or batch of cookies) sitting around the house wanting to be eaten. This way, everybody wins!
Even though it's a phone photo, I love this picture of Emma and her daddy!
I'm glad we took this picture when we did, because despite being under a covered picnic area, the whole party wrapped up in a big hurry when a torrential downpour hit right as we finished eating.
Party's over!







No comments:
Post a Comment