So, I think "rut" is a fair choice of words, in reference to my hair. I know what I'm comfortable with. On the flip side of that, every once in a while I get an idea in my head to try to "update" my look. It still goes back to an old magazine article (have I mentioned this before?), which said that if you haven't changed your look in 5 years, you are probably outdated.
Horror of horrors, no!
Last weekend, during the long school holiday, I took the girls for haircuts. Their styles didn't change very much. But mine did. (Check out my blog profile picture for a BEFORE look. Incidently, that "before" picture-that-is-my-blog-profile-picture is over 2 years old. Just saying.)
I'm not really a fan of self-portraits, like so many teenagers seem to be. They just pick up their phone, hold it at arm's length, and click away! These pictures were purely for documentary purposes, and NOT seeking to win any photography contests.
And just so you know, it took about 2 dozen pictures to manage to get these few that I could deem barely blog-worthy.
So. Opinions? Because I'm not sold on this look for me. It still seems so foreign, that I just don't know if it's "me" or not. I'm highly tempted just to let this grow out again. (It did turn out shorter than I'd anticipated.)
And I have a feeling it leans strongly toward Helmet-Head.
Do you ever tell someone they look nice, when you don't necessarily mean it, and are just looking for something (ANYthing!) to say? I have another feeling that no one would really tell me if it looked bad......
I love the short hair! It's absolutely adorable :) It makes you look younger (not that you looked old to begin with....lol)
ReplyDeleteI heart your self portraits. Hilarious! I am especially enjoying the kissy face one :)
You look like a Mormon Mommy Blogger, lol. You look great!
ReplyDelete