Friday, October 22, 2010

Those Who Sleep Under a Quilt....

It's Fall. There's a change in the air. What better time than now to change a few things up?

In the process of cleaning out the spare bedroom (moving stuff into the new craft room), I reached the pile of quilts. I don't have a lot of them, actually. And each one has a story behind it. (Isn't that supposed to be true of all quilts?)

So, on a whim, I decided to put one of them on our bed. This is one that came from an old Huffaker Family Reunion..... let's say it was a few years ago. It was made with extra length, specifically for tucking up over the pillows on a king-size bed. In fact, one unique thing about it is that it was made by Todd's uncle.


Yep, that's right! Men can quilt! So, I haven't been able to figure out if it has a pattern, or not. I'm not really all that big into sunflowers, but for a couple of months this fall, I thought it would be fun to have it on our bed, instead of the regular store-bought comforter.

I'm sure it goes against every current design trend right now. Quilt are just not "IN". But I confess I've got the desire to learn how to quilt now. I even bought a "Quilt in a Day" book. (THAT'S a misnomer if I ever heard one!!) The book will remain one to pore over for a while, as I certainly don't have time to tackle a quilt project.

If you know what pattern this may be, I'd love to hear from you! And the end of that quote in the post title....... "Those who sleep under a quilt, sleep under a blanket of love."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...