Friday, October 22, 2010

Peekaboo!

The kitchen at the Haven has a wonderful U-shaped layout with cupboards on all three sides. One side has a peninsula cabinet to the dining room, with bar stools along the counter. The cupboards over the peninsula have doors on both the kitchen side, and the dining room side. The idea is, that you can put clean dishes away from the kitchen side, and then access the cupboards from the dining room side for setting the table.

In the last couple of weeks, Emma has discovered these cupboards: She thinks it's great fun to stand up on the bar stools and open the doors on the dining room side while I'm unstacking the dishwasher. She peeks through at me and says, "I see you!!", and it becomes a wonderful game to her.

With natural, built-in fun like this, who needs toys???

I'm just waiting for the day that she discovers the play nook under the stairs.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...