Monday, May 31, 2010

Pomp and Circumstance

After weeks (well, ok -- it's been months) of senioritis, Cameron can finally relax. He walked the walk, and has graduated with the Class of 2010!! We are so thrilled for him!!

We did our now-traditional photo of Mom putting on his mortarboard:
At least I didn't injure him in the process. Cameron graduates with his cousin, who is 3 weeks younger than him, but a couple inches taller:

The photo doesn't include their feet. On purpose.

Ok, since it's my blog, I'm putting forth my opinion. Can I just say that today's trend of graduates wearing shorts, flip-flops, grimy tennis shoes, etc. ..... really bothers me. I saw one girl get her diploma barefoot. I feel like it's disrespectful and cheapens the accomplishment. Todd and I discussed it a little, and I'm thinking that rather than put out rules and a commencement dress code, maybe these youths need to just learn a lesson on gratitude for how blessed and fortunate they are. I don't think they realize how bad they look. I feel that they need to see and make the change for themselves. I totally understand kids wanting to be individuals, but that should be expressed a little more conservatively at graduation time.

I am so glad Cameron dressed so nicely for this. This photo was supposed to be our graduate with Mom and Dad, but when we stood up to pose, Emma came over and stood right in front, like she was supposed to be in the picture, too!! Dad took pity on her and picked her up.

His old Scoutmaster is on the school board, and he made sure he was the one to hand Cameron his diploma cover and shake his hand. VERY cool!!


The whole family, minus our Jamaican missionary:


So afterward, we drove to the school for a couple of shots as well. Cameron is pretty excited to be done with high school:


Hey, Cameron, ........ You just graduated from high school! HOW DO YOU FEEL??


That pretty much sums it up!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Cameron! You did it! Love the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that jumping picture is going to be a new tradition in our family. I love it, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...