Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lesson Learned!

So we added a new member to the family. Isn't she cute?



She's actually almost as old as Darcie --shhhhh, she's a little sensitive about her age! Since she's somewhat "over the hill", she came cheap to us. Don't say anything in front of her, you might hurt her feelings.

We had a couple different reasons for getting a car -- running errands in the Suburban is pretty draining on the gas tank. Plus, since Alyssa starts Driver's Ed next month, we figured she'd need something to learn with that wasn't a behemoth, gas guzzling, .... well, you get the picture.

We (ok, *I*) am still learning my way around her, and all her little idiosyncrasies. Yesterday, I learned a lot in only a few minutes:

#1 - The horn on the Honda is actually louder than the horn on the Suburban. Or maybe it's just more obnoxious. I wish it was set up to beep when I hit the remote door lock on my "check for sure" second or third push of the button. No such luck.

#2 - If you lock the Honda with the remote lock, and then unlock the Honda with the key in the door, it will trigger the security horn alarm. If this happens in the middle of the day, in your own driveway, your first reaction is to try to quiet it right away.

#3 - Small toddlers (ok, it was Emma!) who are walking around the nose of the Honda when the security horn alarm goes off unexpectedly....... WILL RUN, screaming in terror.

It was one of those moments when you want to laugh at your kid, but you know it wouldn't be fair to them, but it was screaming funny all the same. Poor thing!

But I know some teenagers and adults who probably would have had the same reaction!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I love Hondas. Very reliable. Have you named her yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She may be old, cheap, and have loose horn syndrome- but at least she's got a little sass in her. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...