
For several weeks, I've tried to convince the older kids that they need to childproof their bedrooms. I have been unsuccessful in general. New skills call for a renewed reminder.

Em has now learned how to climb. We used to be able to put things out of her reach and it was not a problem. "Out of her reach" has now reached a new level. This is her standing in the window seat, a former cache for unsuitable-for-Emma items. (You caught me: I haven't put away the Christmas wrapping supplies! They go in the storage area of the window seat there.) She's up on kitchen chairs, too. Plus, once she figures out that she can move a chair to whatever location she wants, the table and the counters will be unsafe.
In case you're wondering, yes -- we tell her 'no'. And no, she's not uncontrollable. But I'm putting the other kids on notice: don't blame me if she got into something of yours. You've been warned!!

No comments:
Post a Comment