There is something to be said for having a "normal" family, so at family gatherings, no one is weirdly inappropriate or makes anyone else uncomfortable. I love that about our family. Every other year, Todd's sisters make the long trip north to share Christmas with the rest of the family (the rest of the apples didn't fall so far from the tree). This year is the "other" year.
So on these years, I can't help myself -- I have to ask for a family picture together. This year it was not a formal affair, just a casual shot, which is probably better anyway. And REALLY, my only request was to get Todd & his siblings in one shot. REALLY. The huge family picture was just a bonus. One thing leads to another.
Christmas Eve changed a bit for us this year, since it was the first time in over a decade that we haven't had the kids dramatize the Nativity. We still did the usual singing (with chimes), and eating.
And Emma's second Christmas was noted for her love of the Christmas tree, including Brandon's Elvis ornament (which plays "Jailhouse Rock"), and un-decorating the lower branches. I still am wondering why she left Grandma's tree alone, but was undaunted in her assault against our own tree. (Those teddy bear ornaments were irresistable!)
Christmas Day was different as well, but that's for another post!
"Normal" family!?! LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good Christmas! Now when do you want some visiting from your weird family? ;)
Ha ha ha! Actually, I was thinking of a conversation I had with a friend who described her family to me... it was full of drama and was a pretty wild story. Made me feel dull, because BOTH sides of my family are pretty darn normal after that!!
ReplyDeleteCome down when you can! (I've been working days at Welenco, since we're in the middle of inventory right now. Yay.)