Wednesday, October 4, 2017

17 Adventures, Part 2!

I told you a little about our "17 Aventures" this past summer, back HERE. Miss Emma absolutely ate it up, so it really was a huge hit for her. Here's the REST of the Adventures stories.....


(Most of my photos from our hike were way off on their color, but if I change them over to black & white -- it solves that problem!)

Getting to hold baby Myra when she was so tiny was the best!


Can't beat "New Baby" smell!!

One of Emma's adventures was going tubing on the river with one of her friends. Since I wasn't on the boat with them, I didn't get any pictures. So the next best thing is some pictures of floating the creek while at the Huffaker Family Reunion:




It was cold, but also the perfect way to cool off in the summer heat!
The kids also played games while we were there, like ladder golf:


Two more Adventures happened during the time we were at the Reunion, both of which were super fun. First ..... horseback riding!


(I think his name was Mike? or Micah?)
Emma had a great time, and I think Darcie was the Horse Whisperer for this one.

Later in the week, Todd had done some research, and came up with some fun trails to take the four-wheelers out on. That was horrid grammar, but I'm moving on...


Alyssa is all smiles! We got really dusty and dirty, but this was our destination:


Obviously not used anymore, but it was fun to climb up this fire lookout tower!
It's higher than it looks:


It's an amazing view -- amazing, that is, if you can see it. When Todd took the guys on the ride that morning, the view was amazing. That afternoon, he took us girls, and the smoke from the Lolo Peak Fire (which had not "blown up" yet) almost completely blocked our view of anything. What a difference a couple of hours made!




Maybe a bit out of order, but we did go back down to Utah for baby Myra's blessing day. Emma loved spending time with her siblings. 


Softball drills with Darcie.
We had four out of five kids together that weekend. Not bad at all!


Mother Nature was nice enough to hand us another adventure: the Solar Eclipse!


We were not in totality, but were at 99%. I know, I know -- you're going to tell me that totality makes all the difference in the world. I don't doubt that that's probably true.
But here's the testimony that I take away from this. If we compare the sun to the Son -- Jesus Christ -- and then we are in a position where almost all the light from Christ has been blocked -- even down to the last percentage point... look how much light WE STILL HAVE. Pretty amazing.

After the eclipse was over, we ticked off another adventure when Alyssa suggested that we go to Wahooz! in Boise:


Emma got to play miniature golf for the first time!



And finally ..... we rounded out the Adventures with a trip to Silverwood Theme Park, on Emma's free ticket from school reading.



It was an "Adventurous" summer. And very busy!
And, I hope, very memorable.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...