I was challenged last night to re-commit to journalling. Since this blog has sort of become my "journal", I'm renewing my efforts. Here I am!
My biggest highlight of this past holiday season was having all of my children home once more. If only for a few days, we were all there together, and it makes my heart swell.
In our church, at 8 years old, a child can be baptized. Usually this happens in the same month as the birthday. Since Darcie was off overseas for Emma's birthday month, Emma wanted to delay her baptism until Darcie could be back here, too. So, her baptism was on December 30th, and all of her siblings were here with her for it. Brandon & Cecilia and the grandbabies came for nearly a week, and Alyssa and Andrew traveled up for several days, too. (Cameron and Darcie were both at home, since they were between semesters at college.)
I am so grateful that they all agreed to a family photo shoot that New Year's weekend, too! It was pretty darn cold, but our photographer was up for it, and she got some great shots. I feel so blessed!! Here are some of my favorites:
Love this little growing family!!
(Brandon and Cecilia are expecting Baby #3 in June: It's a GIRL!!!)
(Brandon and Cecilia are expecting Baby #3 in June: It's a GIRL!!!)
Andrew and Alyssa have been doing really well -- they make me smile, too!
This little girl keeps me young. Or, at least, she keeps me TRYING to be young!!
Darcie's semester abroad in London has been an absolutely wonderful experience for her.
We are so glad she was able to take advantage of the opportunity!
We have been truly blessed by having Cameron home this past Fall (and other Autumns, too!). He is one awesome young man!
(I think that last one is my favorite shot, of the whole bunch!)
Oh, how I love this guy!! He makes my heart happy. Every. Single. Day.
Mwah!!!
Grandbabies are like the cherry on top!!
As I write this, I can't wipe the smile off my face.
These amazing people are my world!! They are each unique personalities, and I love them for that. And I absolutely LOVE that even as most of them are adults now, ..... they are absolutely FRIENDS with each other.
My heart is so full!!!















No comments:
Post a Comment