Friday, September 19, 2014

2014 Summer Blur. Not the photos, the life!


It's all just a blur, really.

If I didn't have the photos, I'd probably forget at least half of what's been going on for the last three months. Craziness -- that's what's been happening.

And, to complicate things, I had attempted to do a giant blog post that would catch up on everything. The whole summer. The works. Only problem was, it didn't work. While attempting to publish it, the whole thing locked up on me and I lost it. It was rather discouraging, and I didn't have much heart for trying to re-create it.

So, some of our summer happenings will have to go by the wayside. The takeaway lesson is, don't procrastinate. If I'd just kept up with things, it would have been a series of shorter blog posts. Oh, well. When I thought about some of our busy, busy happenings, this picture seemed appropriate:




I'm sure that's not what Darcie meant when she wrote it. That is one girl who would love to travel. And here I was thinking that my to-do list is endless!!

Well, before I start on catching-up [yet again], I want to share just a couple of photos with you from earlier this summer.  One morning, I slipped out of bed way early, grabbed Darcie, and off we went to the river's edge to grab some summer sunrise photos. It was a beautiful morning!


And it was WAY early!!


But I caught the sun and shadows of the hill....


If I could only take the peacefulness in this picture and infuse it into my heart, I'd be golden. No pun intended.

Sometimes I just feel like life is zooming by, and I'm only halfway "with it", but I'm being dragged along for the other half!!  And it's pretty easy to look at others, and think they're a whole lot more put-together than I am.  Maybe someday, right?

In the mean time, here's to playing catch-up!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...