Honestly, if it weren't for a camera card full of photos, I'm not sure if I'd remember anything that happens in my life! Can I just say how thankful I am for digital photography? Yep!!
I'm sitting here on our back deck swing, as a rip-roaring thunderstorm is zinging through our valley right now. My thoughts are running like this.....
1. Well, at least it's cooling off from the heat of today.
2. Hmmm...... now I won't need to worry about watering the garden! (Or my pots. Or the lawn. Or the new roadside plantings.)
3. My poor delphs! (I have staked many of my delphinium blossoms, but not all of them. Worried that the un-staked ones are getting blown down.)
4. Wonder if the at-the-park graduation party we were going to this evening is still "on"....?
Having said that, I love summer rainstorms and watching them from our covered deck is fun! But how about pictures from ... nicer weather?
... a little lawn golf at Grandpa & Grandma's house ....
One of the few photos I got of the last spring band concert. (Darcie is located right under the conductor's arm)
And usually I try to post family news on the blog before I post it on Facebook. But that becomes harder when I'm further behind on the blog, and Facebook is so instant. So, the preschool graduation photos went on Facebook first. But here are some different photos for you, just to stave off the yawn factor that you may feel coming on.....
(super-excited!)
(Singing, "This Little Light of Mine")
... and getting her diploma from her teacher.
Darcie had her National Honor Society Induction Ceremony....
So proud of her. She's not the first of our kids to be in Honor Society, and hopefully not the last, either. She's been working really hard to keep her GPA high, and I hope it pays off for her.
And though we were a bit late, we actually did get the garden planted!!
Despite the fun of planting corn, Miss Emma did get a bit distracted ....
... as she re-discovered the hideaway between the rows of overgrown forsythia bushes.
Fortunately, I have these two to help me out with finishing the planting:
And the bleeding hearts bloomed! Not that they don't usually bloom, but I love that they're right by our front door and we get to see them whenever we're coming or going.
Emma was excited when I finally chopped down the old daffodil greens, and we cleaned up and set out the fairy garden things. We even bought a few new accessories, so she was extra-thrilled.
And the spirea bushes bloomed in a BIG way this spring, making a perfect backdrop for our dark pink peonies.... they timed out nicely together.
One of these days, I'll have to grab a photo of our back "view" -- the hillside that is usually striped is one solid green mass this year. More on that another time.
There are more exciting things that happened in May, and I'm getting to it.... um, ..... soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment