Friday, July 26, 2013

Berry Cute!

 
One morning, I told Emma that we needed to go out and pick raspberries. This year, the berries haven't produced like they did last year, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. We're just as busy as everyone else out there, and there are times when I wonder how I will fit in those batches of jam. So with less berries, there's a bit of a respite. I feel guilty when I offered berries to friends last year, and this year I can't repeat the offer.
 
Anyway.
 
So Emma took me at my word that morning .... and went out and picked berries without waiting for me! Next thing I knew, the doorbell rang on the west door ....
 
 
She was so proud of herself!
 
I'm impressed that she carried that many berries without having a bowl in which to stick them. I took my hint from her, and we went together out to the berry row. Yes, she's still wearing those snow boots out to the garden. Someone should talk to her mother about that...


 
And oh, wow -- those are some big berries!
 
We only managed to get two batches of jam this year, and no jelly this time. Luckily (I think?) we still have a fair amount of jam from last year, so we'll be fine. Although I could make some of those jam bar cookies, I think before I do, I will try another one of the Contessa's recipes first --- which could change things up a bit for our favorite jam bar. I'll let you know how it turns out.
 
Although the weather is dry right now, we had a lot of rain earlier. So much, that between the rain and the softball schedule, we couldn't even mow the whole back yard all at once:

 
How bad is that??
 


2 comments:

  1. She is so cute! Love that look on her face as she so proudly shows off her findings!

    Loralyn

    (and your lawn is beautiful, cut or uncut! We can mow our entire lot, front and back, in less than 30 min! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (goodness... had to create a new profile!! ...)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...