Can I just say that once again, I am loving the fact that summer is here and the daily grind of deadlines and appointments and schedules ... has relaxed into something just a little bit more leisurely. And it's only a little, because life is still wild, believe me!
It felt like a wild ride -- a race to Graduation, and the end of the school year. With both the girls in high school, and one of them is a senior: it makes for two different "finals weeks." Plus, all the end-of-the-year events: concerts, practices, luncheon, induction ceremony, [I'm sure I'm forgetting some things] ..... whew!
But we made it. And more importantly, ... SHE made it.
It serves as yet another reminder to me that our kids are growing up, right before my eyes. How is it possible that we have three kids now graduated from high school? Where did their childhoods go?
Yet -- we're once again so proud of one of our kids. She's pretty amazing. (The gold cords are her National Honor Society cords.)
And Darcie played with the band for Graduation -- and without Alyssa. Obviously, she doesn't need Alyssa with her, but usually I see them sitting side-by-side. (Darcie's just to the right of center of the photo - see her red hair?)
Receiving her diploma from our friend (who also happens to be on the school board) ...
I love her excitement!
Hey, Alyssa! How do you *really* feel about graduating from high school??
And Grandpa came to watch her walk the walk. Grandma would have loved to have come too, she just wasn't feeling well that day.
Moving on.... to new life chapters, and new adventures.
Good luck, Alyssa! You are going to be awesome at whatever you put your mind to. Love you, Sys!!

No comments:
Post a Comment