Friday, April 19, 2013

A few more Spring Things around here....

 
The last week (or so) around here has been absolutely insanely wild. Pretty sure I need notes to remember it all. If I fall back on the photos I've taken, they tell just a bit of the story.
 
Please note, I have softball photos, too: 3 double-headers in four days! But I'll save softball stuff for another post. In the meantime, here are a few for you.
 
So, this is Emma's second year of doing Mother Goose Preschool. We do the curriculum as a group of moms, taking turns teaching in our own homes. It is similar to the Joy School program that I used to do with my older kids. I totally would do Joy School again, because I enjoyed it, but it's not the program that the other moms are doing right now.
 
These last two weeks, it was our turn to have preschool at our house, and it's actually our last turn this year. That's how I snapped a few photos of the kids "playing soccer" one sunny morning...
 

I love the blooming forsythia in the background! And I do love that we have a really large grass area in the back yard where the kids can run to their hearts' content. Todd had just mowed this for the first time this year.

Another day, I was taking pictures of the forsythia and cherry blossoms, and Emma was showing off on the trampoline for me. I try to take advantage of the times that she poses for me and the camera, even if sometimes it's the cheesiest smiles and fakey poses.


... because sometimes, I get a shot that I absolutely love:


Alyssa and Darcie have been screamin'-busy with school-related stuff. Softball, as I mentioned before, is daily after school for 3 hours, plus games. Both girls have been trying to stave off injuries and soreness, and the trainer has been taping them (different locations, and for different reasons) constantly. Don't ever let anyone tell you that there's anything "soft" about softball.

Alyssa has been working hard to get her presentation completed for her Senior Project, and the deadline is looming. And that's another blog post to get written: she's gotten some great photos to share with you.

Darcie has been campaigning for the junior class secretary. This year, she's been the sophomore class vice president. I think she enjoys student council -- and I'm proud of her for having the confidence to put herself forward. You might remember her campaign for vice president in 9th grade. This latest campaign wasn't as involved, but it was successful: I found out just this morning that she won! Congrats to my baby girl-that isn't a baby anymore.

By far, though, the most exciting thing to happen around here is still going on right now: the girls are off on a trip with the high school band to sunny California and Disneyland!! "Thrilled" doesn't even begin to describe their excitement for this getaway. It's like having a second Spring Break. I hope they're taking a lot of pictures for me.

On the day they left, they stopped by Welenco to tell us goodbye before heading down to board the bus. (Yes, they took a bus to get there. It's close to a 24-hour drive to get there. Yikes!!) Todd and Alys sat down together for a look at some new cleats for her -- we order online for the brand and style that works best:

 
That's her look for me. The caption would be, "You're actually going to take a picture of this?"
Yes, I am. Because I have a lot of memories of sitting on my dad's lap when I was much too big to sit on his lap anymore.
 
Darcie grabbed a picture of our good-bye hug. Oh, how I love these girls!!
 

Then she turned  camera on herself. I hope this is her, "I'm so excited to go to Disneyland" look:


Bahahahahahahaha!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...