Emma loved getting to plant the garden with Mom and Dad. I know we're late. Don't judge. This is the Lower Garden, and getting our rows of corn in:
While we were out there, we couldn't help but notice that the raspberries were humming, because the bees were having a heyday.
And this is a "bloom where you're planted" real-life shot:
This is some of the wood under our deck, and these petunias are totally volunteer. Look closely, there's two colors. We had the first color last year, and the new color added this year. It should be noted that on the deck directly above these volunteers, are a couple of large pots that we keep planted and flowering. Gravity works.
That evening, we went to Grandpa and Grandma's for a barbeque dinner, and spent some time visiting with the local family members. Darcie straightened Emma's hair for the occasion ...
Who wants strawberry shortcake? Alyssa does!
Darcie was hoping I would go away with the camera. I didn't go away. She can thank me now for NOT posting the bug-eyed photo of her that I have.
I love this hanging fuchsia. These are a two-for-one flower: two colors in one blossom.
Don't ask me if I'm really going to take that photo. Because the answer is yes:
Heheheheh. I call that the puppy look from him.
Todd really looks a lot like his father. Emma calls Grandpa, "Buck-kaw" -- she's learned how to pronounce Grandma, but never conquered "grandpa".
Grandma excels and having simple toys ready that end up being a lot of fun. Emma loved kicking the beach ball around ...
(Sorry about the blur, but I loved the look on her face there) And my favorite photo of this group is:
No comments:
Post a Comment