Monday, March 21, 2011

Peter Cottontail's Vacation Spot

I'm not sure what the IQ of the average rabbit is. And since Sasha has been gone, it's a no-brainer for them to encroach on her old territory. But for over two weeks now, we can look out our kitchen window and see this guy: (girl?)

The relaxation spot-of-choice is fairly close to the house, under our trampoline, in an otherwise bare and vast expanse of lawn:

So much for them hiding in the garden or the shrubbery. Does he think we can't see him there because he's under the tramp? (Emma is at that stage where she will get shy and "hide" her head. It's the If-I-Can't-See-You,-You-Can't-See-Me Theory.)

I finally scared up Peter Cottontail by getting too close for comfort.....

.... and he disappeared into the shrubbery. He's in the very center of this photo, diving into the base of the spirea bush. Ahh, it looks like I have some spring cleaning to do in the back yard!!

It has occurred to me that "he" may be a "she", and could be nesting. Great. Where are those dang yelping coyotes when I need them???


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...