Monday, February 14, 2011

Fly Me to the Moon

Some people get chocolate for Valentine's Day. Some get flowers. Some get jewelry. But why be predictable? Why not change things up a bit..... and send a Singing Valentine?

Each year for Valentine's Day, Gold Voices (our high school's jazz choir) offers singing Valentines. Recipients get a card, a rose, and the huge embarrassment of being sung to in front of their friends and co-workers. It's also a pretty good fundraiser for Gold Voices.... and one that's pretty much guaranteed to wear out the most enthusiastic of singers by the end of the day!

Alyssa spent Saturday evening helping to make Valentine cards for today's singing Valentines, and asked if I could help drive. So, I spent this morning as a chauffeur for one of the groups that traveled to other schools and in the community. Alyssa's group stayed at the high school, so she wasn't in the group that I drove around. I couldn't just sit in the vehicle though, I had to get out and see the wonderful reactions they got from their audiences. It was priceless!

This rather blurry photo..... is the only shot I got (on my phone) of my group singing to Darcie!




They had over 300 orders for Singing Valentines, and my group had 54 of those to deliver. Some of the song options included, "Fly Me to the Moon," "Hey, Good Lookin'" and "[Mind if I Say You're] Cute". Since their area also included my neighborhood, and Someone ordered a singing Valentine for me.... I got to be serenaded this afternoon as well:


By the time they got to me, they were down one singer, but amazingly .... still had smiles for my camera! Thank you Natalie, Jo, Hannah and Levi!!

I was also a bit spoiled for my V-day: Todd, who knows me so well, bought me flowers that I could arrange for myself! I love when I get to do that. The white rose in the left foreground is added in from Gold Voices:


And, although this wasn't exactly for Valentine's.... I have to show the beautiful ring he got me for our anniversary! Please overlook the aging, dry skin on the hand that's wearing it!


Happy Valentine's Day to you too........ I am Feelin' the Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...