And out in the front circle -- here's their snowman. Complete with a carrot nose and branches for arms! (Well, this was a day later, and I think he'd started melting on his back a little!!)
And in the back yard.... a message for mom that even passing planes might see!
And here's my snow story from a few years ago. Maybe it will get you thinking.
Once, several years ago, during one of our first winters in the current house, I got a phone call from our next door neighbor. She was an elderly lady that lived by herself. My kids had been out in the front yard, playing in the snow. They built a snowman, made snow angels, and had a massive snowball fight with some of the kids down the street. They were really living it up in the snow that day.
So my phone rings, and it's the neighbor lady. She told me, "You have a Peeping Tom."
"A Peeping Tom?" I thought. My mind started to race. Who could it be? Which windows were they looking through? Should I pull my blinds? What are they seeing? What should I do???
She went on to tell me she had to confess: when she'd said, "peeping tom" ----- she meant herself. SHE was the one doing the peeping. (Well, THAT'S a relief!!)
She had spent the morning, sitting at her dining room table, watching the kids at play in the snow! She called to tell me what a delightful time she'd had, and how very much she had enjoyed watching their antics. Her window looked right out on my front yard, and I know it would have been like having a front-row seat. She was calling to thank me for the enjoyment she'd gotten out of it. They had made her day!
Later, I told my kids what she'd said. And I hoped it was a lesson to them: you never know who might be watching you, and when. (I was so glad that was one of the days when they all got along!!) Also, it's pretty easy to bring some joy to someone else. Doesn't it feel good to know you've made someone's day?
No comments:
Post a Comment