Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lazing Away a Summer Afternoon

Cameron came home today from one of his highlights of the summer.... the Scout High Adventure raft trip. Four days on the river with Class II, III, IV, and V rapids.... it was a lot of fun. He was only partially sunburned, which, for Cameron, is pretty darn good.

In prep for this, he was getting all his gear together & decided to take his hammock with him. It's lightweight, because it's parachute nylon, and it has its own connected stuff bag. Cam decided to set it up in the yard to determine the best knots to use with it, so he tried it out while he had it up:



He also demonstrated how he can wrap up in it (it can actually sleep two), and turn completely over without falling out!

It was actually a good thing he had the chance to set it up at home, because there were not any good opportunities to set it up while on the High Adventure. Apparently the beaches didn't have appropriate tree locations.




And while I was outside for pictures, I caught a pair of "0ur"cottontails, who were out by the batting cage --- no fear. None whatsoever.
I hope they aren't thinking this is their permanent home, not with our garden looking more awesome than ever, and veggies getting ready for harvest! (Which, I'm sure, is precisely why they ARE here!)

1 comment:

  1. Oooh. I want a hammock like that! And I want to go white water rafting, too!

    Hope you can save your veggie garden from those wasckawy wabbits!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...