Tuesday, May 17, 2016

2016 spring break part 2, and other stuff....



Hmmmmmm. Spring seems to have kept us busy.....

Here's the rest of our Spring Break, and a smattering of other springtime happenings around the Haven .... and we seem to be using SnapChat more and more....


Cute grandbabies help make the world go 'round!!


Stopped in Boise once more to spend some time with this lovely!!



(There's some of that SnapChat stuff happening!)



We came home in time to see this guy, before he headed off to a semester of school the next day. If you have young kids, and you ever wonder if they'll grow up, be mature, and be responsible adults --- let me tell you: It Will Happen!!

He's such a remarkable young man -- and we miss him immensely while he's gone!!

Switching gears ..... 


THAT happened!!
It's been 30 years --- and I finally got a new sewing machine!!
I'd love to have a permanent home for it, but for now, it will live in Alyssa's bedroom. It's been a lot of years since I've sat down and sewn things, and I confess I'm kind of excited for a project (or more?) to happen this summer. Pretty excited about the embroidery attachment that came with it, and I want to experiment more with that.

In the mean time, I promised Miss Emma that the very FIRST project I would make would be a new scripture tote bag for her:


And, voila!!  Thank you, Pinterest!!
And thanks to the embroidery settings, I'm pretty sure I can guarantee that there's not another bag like this anywhere --- yay for personalization!!
She was pretty excited about it, especially when you consider that her old scripture bag was falling apart and was not that fancy to begin with.

So, if I say I'm going to sew things, and I say it on the blog -- that's like a commitment, right? And maybe it will really happen?! (I was able to crank out that tote bag in only a few days. Considering I had 3 fairly good-sized, must-fix-it mistakes, I'd say that wasn't bad. I'm definitely out of practice!)


(Have I mentioned that we use SnapChat a lot?)
Not sure how Miss Alys will feel about that baby showing up on the blog!!

And, other things have been happening this spring .....

Miss Emma played the piano in the school's talent show. She played one of the pieces that she'd learned for piano adjudications, so it wasn't an extra piece to learn. Here she is, with one of her friend, waiting her turn. (Can you tell her friend was performing Celtic dance?!)



... and we got the garden planted.
She thinks she got "so dirty" by putting her fingers in the mud.
I'm going to let her keep on thinking that!!!


After we got back from our Spring Break trip, I learned that Darcie had a trip planned as well...... when this photo showed up on her Instagram feed:


(Ummmm, yeah. She's the upper jumper)

She and some friends went down to Zions National Park (and a couple of other places), and knocked out a few adventures for the day.....



(It IS gorgeous!!)

But don't you get a little butterflies-in-the-tummy when you see this:


That girl does love her adrenaline.

And a few last things that went on around here ......

Spring soccer:


... a piano recital ...


And finally, ...... School Spirit Week, which included
"Neon Nerd Day" ....


... and "Wacky Hair Day":


We definitely went wacky!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...