Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sometimes things get a little crazy around here.....


This past weekend, Alyssa came home from college. The great part (besides the fact that she was HOME again!) was that her boyfriend was getting baptized... the reason for her trip. We have enjoyed getting to know him, and having him over at the Haven. I admire him for continuing investigating our church without her close by.

 It was a bonus weekend because of the extra day's vacation for President's Day. I admit I'm a huge worrywart when my kids are driving on their own -- and Alys was super-good about calling and texting regularly as she made stops along the way. Pretty sure it was about 10 hours driving for her, and though she had passengers, she did all the driving herself.

Having both of the older girls together again was super fun! A few of the "perfect" photos went on my Facebook post, but there were dozens more. But after my last Keeping It Real post, and in the interest of NOT being perfect, here are some of the imperfect photos of them.....


(She doesn't like being kissed.)




(A tickle moment)
 
 
And -- in case I've neglected to mention it.... Emma is a big fan of Disney's "Frozen". Daddy ordered the dolls for her, since there are none to be had locally. (He's a hero!)
[I have a few other thoughts on Frozen, but not for this post.]
 
 
So, if you put those two seemingly-separate things together, ....
 
The girls, ... specifically, the Sisters .... played dress-up one night. Not just dressing up, but total incarnation. You might say we got a "wild hare", ... or, um....... HAIR.
I should put it the disclaimer that we didn't go to any cost for this ... it's all what we have at home, in closets. It could be better if we actually purchased some stuff for this....
 
May I introduce, the two sisters (Elsa and Anna) from "Frozen":
 
 

(singing)
 

Ok, the resemblance is almost eerie. I mean, really!


Emma thought it was like having her own life-size, live dolls.
Emma also desperately wanted an Olaf (the snowman) costume for herself. That was not something I could pull out of my hat. Instead, she kept holding Alyssa's train for her.

 
(Do you think they look like the dolls?)

Alys definitely had the shoes to go with it!

 
 
This could be what Halloween will look like around here in about 8 months or so......
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...